The first half of 2023 promises a ton of excellent new books! Here are 50+ of our most anticipated books of Spring 2023 for Christian Readers…
These anticipated books of Spring 2023 (released in the first half of the year) wrestle with some of the deepest challenges of our day, and will guide us toward faithful living in the present and in years to come.
*** Love Books? Sign up now for our email newsletter and get all the best book news, reviews, and sales in your inbox!
(PLUS, get a free ebook for signing up…)
Page 9: Coming in Fall 2023
(In Alphabetical Order by Author’s Last Name)
- We Become What We Normalize: What We Owe Each Other in Worlds That Demand Our Silence by David Dark (Broadleaf, November)
- Women’s Lectionary for the Whole Church Year B by Wilda C. Gafney (Church Publishing, July)
- The Heaven & Earth Grocery Store: A Novel by James McBride (Riverhead, August)
- How Far to the Promised Land: The Trauma and Miracle of Black Life in America by Esau McCaulley (Convergent, September)
- Lights a Lovely Mile: Collected Sermons of the Church Year by Eugene H. Peterson (WaterBrook, October)
- The Evangelical Imagination: How Stories, Images, and Metaphors Created a Culture in Crisis by Karen Swallow Prior (Brazos, August)
- The Ballot and the Bible: How Scripture Has Been Used and Abused in American Politics and Where We Go from Here by Kaitlyn Schiess (Brazos, August)
- Centering Jesus: How the Lamb of God Transforms Our Communities, Ethics, and Spiritual Lives by Derek Vreeland (NavPress, August)
- Advent: The Season of Hope by Tish Harrison Warren (IVP, August)
- American Idolatry: How Christian Nationalism Betrays the Gospel and Threatens the Church by Andrew L. Whitehead (Brazos, August)
C. Christopher Smith is the founding editor of The Englewood Review of Books. He is also author of a number of books, including most recently How the Body of Christ Talks: Recovering the Practice of Conversation in the Church (Brazos Press, 2019). Connect with him online at: C-Christopher-Smith.com
Reading for the Common Good
From ERB Editor Christopher Smith
"This book will inspire, motivate and challenge anyone who cares a whit about the written word, the world of ideas, the shape of our communities and the life of the church."
-Karen Swallow Prior
Enter your email below to sign up for our weekly newsletter & download your FREE copy of this ebook!