ERB Editor Chris Smith sits in the host seat to welcome a brand-new guest, James K. A. Smith, alongside a very familiar panelist to those who follow our podcast, Jen Pollock Michel (our usual podcast host), for a discussion on the subject of “living faithfully in time.” Jamie and Jen both have new books out this fall on topics related to faith and time. Enjoy!
Books & Writing Mentioned in this Episode:
If you’d like to order any of the following books, we encourage you to do so from Hearts and Minds Books(An independent bookstore in Dallastown, PA, run by Byron and Beth Borger)
- In Good Time: 8 Habits for Reimagining Productivity, Resisting Hurry, and Practicing Peace by Jen Pollock Michel
- How to Inhabit Time: Understanding the Past, Facing the Future, Living Faithfully Now by James K. A. Smith
- The Sabbath by Abraham Joshua Heschel
- Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals by Oliver Burkeman
- A Month of Sundays by John Updike (In the Library of America Collection John Updike: Novels 1968-1975)
- The Divine Hours (3-book series) by Phyllis Tickle
- Cultural Liturgies (3-book series) by James K. A. Smith
- You Are What You Love by James K. A. Smith
- Teach Us to Want: Longing, Ambition and the Life of Faith by Jen Pollock Michel
- Embrace Fearlessly the Burning World: Essays by Barry Lopez
- Arctic Dreams by Barry Lopez
- Faith, Hope and Carnage by Nick Cave
- Glittering Vices: A New Look at the 7 Deadly Sins and Their Remedies by Rebecca DeYoung
- Hell of a Book: A Novel by Jason Mott
- A Hermeneutic of Wisdom: Recovering the Formative Agency of Scripture by J. de Waal Dryden
If you’d like to order any of the above books, we encourage you to do so from Hearts and Minds Books
(An independent bookstore in Dallastown, PA, run by Byron and Beth Borger)
SUBSCRIBE to the ERB podcast on iTunes, Google, Spotify or wherever you access your favorite podcasts.
Reading for the Common Good
From ERB Editor Christopher Smith
"This book will inspire, motivate and challenge anyone who cares a whit about the written word, the world of ideas, the shape of our communities and the life of the church."
-Karen Swallow Prior
Enter your email below to sign up for our weekly newsletter & download your FREE copy of this ebook!