Here are some excellent new theology books * that will be released in April 2022 :
* broadly interpreted, including ethics, church history, biblical studies, and other areas that intersect with theology
*** Love Theology Books?
Sign up for our FREE weekly newsletter
featuring all the latest news, deals, and reviews!
It is no secret that isolation is one of the key ailments of our age. But less explored is the way the church as it is frequently practiced contributes to this isolation instead of offering an alternative. With the help of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, this book argues for a renewed vision of the church community as a theological therapy to cultural, moral, and sociological isolation. It offers an account of how familiar church practices, such as Scripture reading, worship, prayer, and eating, contribute to community formation in the body of Christ.
( Wiley-Blackwell )
A unique and incisive exploration of the place and nature of friendship in both its personal and civic dimensions
In Towards Friendship-Shaped Communities: A Practical Theology of Friendship, distinguished theological researcher Anne-Marie Ellithorpe delivers a constructive and insightful exploration of the place and nature of friendship as innate to being human, to the human vocation, and to life within the broader community. Of particular interest to members and leaders of faith communities, this book responds to contemporary concerns regarding relationality and offers a comprehensive theology of friendship.
The author provides an inclusive and interdisciplinary study that brings previous traditions and texts into dialogue with contemporary contexts and concerns, including examples from Indigenous and Euro-Western cultures. Readers will reflect on the theology of friendship and the interrelationship between friendship and community, think critically about their own social and theological imagination, and develop an integrative approach to theological reflection that draws on Don Browning’s Fundamental Practical Theology.
Integrating philosophical, anthropological, and theological perspectives on the study of friendship, this book presents:
- A thorough introduction to contemporary questions on friendship and discussions of co-existing friendship worlds
- Comprehensive explorations of friendship in first and second testament writings, as well as friendship within classical and Christian traditions
- Practical discussions of theology, friendship, and the social imagination, including explorations of mutuality and spirit-shaped friendships
- Considerations for outworking friendship ideals within communities of practice, from the perspective of strategic (or fully) practical theology
Perfect for graduate and advanced undergraduate students taking courses on friendship or practical theology, Towards Friendship-Shaped Communities: A Practical Theology of Friendship will also earn a place in the libraries of scholars of practical theology and community practitioners, including ministers, priests, pastors, spiritual advisors, and counselors.
NEXT PAGE >>>>>
PAGE 1 of 5