Host Jen Pollock Michel is joined by two experienced and talented editors to discuss topics like diversity of voices and writing in Christian publishing, the state of publishing in 2020, and what they are currently reading.
Katelyn Beaty is a writer, editor, and speaker. She was the youngest and first female managing editor of Christianity Today, and she is also the author of A Woman’s Place. She currently works as an acquisitions editor for Brazos Press, a division of Baker Books. She lives in Brooklyn, NY.
Al Hsu is senior editor for IVP Books at InterVarsity Press. He is the author of Singles at the Crossroads, Grieving a Suicide, and The Suburban Christian. Al earned his PhD in educational studies from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and lives in the western suburbs of Chicago.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- A Woman’s Place: A Christian Vision for Your Calling in the Office, the Home and the World by Katelyn Beaty
- Singles at the Crossroads: A Fresh Perspective on Christian Singleness by Al Hsu
- Grieving a Suicide: A Loved One’s Search for Comfort, Answers and Hope by Al Hsu
- The Suburban Christian: Finding Spiritual Vitality in the Land of Plenty by Al Hsu
- The Plague by Albert Camus
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Pachinko: A Novel by Min Jin Lee
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Emma: A Novel by Jane Austen
- Chosen Ones: A Novel by Veronica Roth
- Middlemarch: A Novel by George Eliot
- The Complete Stories by Flannery O’Connor
- Amity and Prosperity by Eliza Griswold
- Culture Wars: The Struggle to Define America by James Davison Hunter
- The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt
- Technopoly: The Surrender of Culture to Technology by Neil Postman
Reading for the Common Good
From ERB Editor Christopher Smith
"This book will inspire, motivate and challenge anyone who cares a whit about the written word, the world of ideas, the shape of our communities and the life of the church."
-Karen Swallow Prior
Enter your email below to sign up for our weekly newsletter & download your FREE copy of this ebook!