Some interesting bits of book news and conversations collected over the last week:
- NPR Books: Listen to Mary Oliver read poems and talk about her new collection A Thousand Mornings.
- Blogger Matthew Paul Turner on Rachel Held Evans’ controversial new book and the deeper issues of why Lifeway won’t carry her book.
- Religion News: Jana Riess reviews J.K. Rowling’s much anticipated novel for adults.
- The Millions: Cataloging David Foster Wallace’s The Pale King.
- Ploughshares: Literary Costumes for Halloween.
Image via Wikimedia Commons
C. Christopher Smith is the founding editor of The Englewood Review of Books. He is also author of a number of books, including most recently How the Body of Christ Talks: Recovering the Practice of Conversation in the Church (Brazos Press, 2019). Connect with him online at: C-Christopher-Smith.com
Reading for the Common Good
From ERB Editor Christopher Smith
"This book will inspire, motivate and challenge anyone who cares a whit about the written word, the world of ideas, the shape of our communities and the life of the church."
-Karen Swallow Prior
Enter your email below to sign up for our weekly newsletter & download your FREE copy of this ebook!