The Wake Up Call –
28 January 2013
Like the smell of strong coffee wafting down the hall, we offer a few book-related thoughts and stories to jumpstart your day…
*** Receive an email with The Wake Up Call (and daily ERB posts) in your inbox each morning! Sign up for The Daily Book Morsel
BESTSELLER LISTS for this week:
- NY Times Bestseller List – Non Fiction
- NY Times Bestseller List – Hardcover Fiction
- Amazon Bestseller List – Christian Theology
Today is the feast of St. Thomas Aquinas, the great philosopher of the middle ages…
Read more about Thomas’s life… Get the [easyazon-link asin=”B003MZ0RH6″ locale=”us”]Kindle ebook of G.K. Chesterton’s life of Thomas Aquinas[/easyazon-link] for only $0.99!!!
“Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.”
– Poet William Butler Yeats, who died on this day in 1939
*** [easyazon-link keywords=”William Butler Yeats” locale=”us”]Books by William Butler Yeats[/easyazon-link]
“The modern artist is working with space and time, and expressing his feelings rather than illustrating.”
– Jackson Pollock, who was born on this day in 1912
*** [easyazon-link keywords=”Jackson Pollock” locale=”us”]Books about Jackson Pollock and his paintings.[/easyazon-link]
- Telegraph: Beginnings of a C.S. Lewis / J.R.R. Tolkien co-written book discovered!!!
- LA Review of Books: Review: Janine Barchas’s Matters of Fact in Jane Austen: History, Location, and Celebrity
Thanks be to God for this new day, may it be full of beauty and grace!
C. Christopher Smith is the founding editor of The Englewood Review of Books. He is also author of a number of books, including most recently How the Body of Christ Talks: Recovering the Practice of Conversation in the Church (Brazos Press, 2019). Connect with him online at: C-Christopher-Smith.com