Host Jen Pollock Michel welcomes co-authors Matt Mikalatos (returning ERB podcast guest) and Kathy Khang (first-time podcast guest), co-authors of our 2023 Book of the Year, Loving Disagreement, for an honest and heartfelt discussion about the topic of their book: disagreement and Christian unity.
Matt Mikalatos is an author, screenwriter, and speaker. He’s the author of Journey to Love and the YA fantasy series The Sunlit Lands. He has written for Today.com, TIME magazine, Relevant, Nature, Writer’s Digest, and Daily Science Fiction, among others. Kathy Khang is a writer, speaker, and yoga teacher based in the Chicago suburbs. A Korean American, she is the co-author of Loving Disagreement: Fighting for Community Through the Fruit of the Spirit, the author of Raise Your Voice, and the co-author of More Than Serving Tea: Asian American Women on Expectations, Relationships, Leadership and Faith.
Books Mentioned in this Episode:
If you’d like to order any of the following books, we encourage you to do so from Hearts and Minds Books(An independent bookstore in Dallastown, PA, run by Byron and Beth Borger)
- Loving Disagreement: Fighting For Community Through the Life of the Spirit by Kathy Khang & Matt Mikalatos
- Raise Your Voice: Why We Stay Silent and How to Speak Up by Kathy Khang
- More Than Serving Tea: Asian American Women on Expectations, Relationships, Leadership and Faith ed. by Nikki Toyama & Tracey Gee
- Journey to Love: What We Long For, How to Find it, and How to Pass it on by Matt Mikalatos
- The Sunlit Lands Trilogy by Matt Mikalatos
- Mystery and Manners: Occasional Prose by Flannery O’Connor
- On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Rabbie Danya Ruttenberg
- The Gospel of J. Edgar Hoover: How the FBI Aided and Abetted the Rise of White Christian Nationalism by Lerone Martin
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- The Wolfe at the Door by Gene Wolfe
- Jesus and John Wayne by Kristin Kobes Du Mez
- Solo Planet (forthcoming) by Anna Broadway
- The Bone Shard War (trilogy) by Andrea Stewart
If you’d like to order any of the above books, we encourage you to do so from Hearts and Minds Books
(An independent bookstore in Dallastown, PA, run by Byron and Beth Borger)
Reading for the Common Good
From ERB Editor Christopher Smith
"This book will inspire, motivate and challenge anyone who cares a whit about the written word, the world of ideas, the shape of our communities and the life of the church."
-Karen Swallow Prior
Enter your email below to sign up for our weekly newsletter & download your FREE copy of this ebook!