PLUS, a Special Announcement about the Future of the Podcast!
This episode is also available on iTunes, Google, Spotify or wherever you access your favorite podcasts.
After a special announcement about the future of the podcast, Jen continues the conversation about “reading under quarantine,” with two very special guests: John Wilson and Karen Swallow Prior. They discuss what their reading experience is like right now in this disorienting time, and what types of books and authors they’re gravitating towards.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- How the Body of Christ Talks: Recovering the Practice of Conversation in the Church by C. Christopher Smith
- On Reading Well: Finding the Good Life Through Great Books by Karen Swallow Prior
- Spacefarers: How Humans Will Settle the Moon, Mars and Beyond by Christopher Wanjek
- The Index of Self-Destructive Acts: A Novel by Christopher Beha
- The Life and Death of Ancient Cities: A Natural History by Greg Woolf
- God Walk: Moving at the Speed of Your Soul by Mark Buchanan
- The Overstory: A Novel by Richard Powers
- Hannah Coulter: A Novel by Wendell Berry
- O Pioneers! A Novel by Willa Cather
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- The Chosen: A Novel by Chaim Potok
- The Invincible: A Novel by Stanislaw Lem
- The Road: A Novel by Cormac McCarthy
- A Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
SUBSCRIBE to the ERB podcast on iTunes, Google, Spotify or wherever you access your favorite podcasts.
Reading for the Common Good
From ERB Editor Christopher Smith
"This book will inspire, motivate and challenge anyone who cares a whit about the written word, the world of ideas, the shape of our communities and the life of the church."
-Karen Swallow Prior
Enter your email below to sign up for our weekly newsletter & download your FREE copy of this ebook!