ERB Editor C. Christopher Smith sat down with two first-time guests, John Inazu and Monty Montgomery for a deeply-felt and thought-provoking conversation about Christian witness in a time of contention and social polarization.
John Inazu is the Sally D. Danforth Distinguished Professor of Law and Religion at Washington University in St. Louis. His scholarly focus is the First Amendment freedoms of speech, assembly, and religion. Inazu is the author of Confident Pluralism: Surviving and Thriving Through Deep Difference (University of Chicago Press, 2016), and co-editor (with Tim Keller) of Uncommon Ground: Living Faithfully in a World of Difference (Thomas Nelson, 2020). David “Monty” Montgomery is the Regional Director of IFES Europe, overseeing the university ministry in over 40 countries from Greenland to Cyprus. He and his wife Gwen live in Ireland.
Books and Writing Mentioned:
If you’d like to order any of the following books, we encourage you to do so from Hearts and Minds Books(An independent bookstore in Dallastown, PA, run by Byron and Beth Borger)
- Confident Pluralism: Surviving and Thriving through Deep Difference — John Inazu
- The End of the Christian Life: How Embracing Our Mortality Frees Us to Truly Live — J. Todd Billings
- Forgive: Why Should I and How Can I? — Tim Keller
- Africa Bible Commentary: A One-Volume Commentary Written by 70 African Scholars — Zondervan
- Reading While Black: African American Biblical Interpretation as an Exercise in Hope — Esau McCaulley
- Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers — Dane Ortlund
- The Thursday Murder Club — Richard Osman
If you’d like to order any of the above books, we encourage you to do so from Hearts and Minds Books
(An independent bookstore in Dallastown, PA, run by Byron and Beth Borger)
SUBSCRIBE to the ERB podcast on iTunes, Google, Spotify or wherever you access your favorite podcasts.
Reading for the Common Good
From ERB Editor Christopher Smith
"This book will inspire, motivate and challenge anyone who cares a whit about the written word, the world of ideas, the shape of our communities and the life of the church."
-Karen Swallow Prior
Enter your email below to sign up for our weekly newsletter & download your FREE copy of this ebook!