Yesterday, Pew Research Center released a new study on current American reading habits.
This video offers a very brief summary of their findings…
- 72% of adults have read at least one book in the last year.
(Down from 79% in 2011)
- Ebook sales have dropped sharply, while print sales remain strong
- Young adults (Under 30) are more likely to have read a book
- The average number of books read per person was 12.
- “Those most likely to be book readers included women; young adults (those ages 18-29); those with higher levels of education and higher household income; and whites.”
- “The average woman read 14 books in the past 12 months, compared with the nine books read by the average man.”
Do these findings resonate with your experience?
How many books did you read last year?