Good and Beautiful and Kind: Becoming Whole in a Fractured World
Hardback: WaterBrook, 2022
“A stunning book with power to reshape our world . . . if we let it.”—Glenn Packiam, pastor and author of Blessed Broken Given
We long for a good life, a beautiful life, a kind life. But clearly that’s not the world we live in. We carry the stress of our fractured world in our bodies and relationships. Families that once gathered around tables have converted those tables into walls. Hostility, rage, and offense is the language of our culture.
How did we lose goodness, kindness, and beauty? And more important, how do we get them back into our lives? These are the two questions crying out in our streets, homes, churches, and from deep within our souls.
Pastor and author Rich Villodas is convinced that only Jesus offers a way of being human that is both strong and tender enough to tear down the walls of hostility we experience daily.
In Good and Beautiful and Kind, he reveals how…
• These three essentials are stolen by sin, powers and principalities, and trauma.
• We can get goodness, beauty, and kindness back through contemplative prayer, humility, and the cultivation of calm presence.
• The traits of healthy conflict, forgiveness, and justice lead to wholeness, healing, and a new collective future—when rooted in the ancient way of Jesus.
Filled with fresh energy, classic truth, and practical solutions, this is your road map for stepping beyond distraction and division to love like Jesus. Doing so will change the atmosphere within you…and around you!
Enter now to win a copy of this great new book:
(It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!) :
1) Receive our free weekly online edition via email
(PLUS, receive a FREE ebook for signing up!)
2) Post the following message on your blog, Facebook Profile, or on Twitter:
I just entered to win a copy of the new book Good and Beautiful and Kind by Rich Villodas from @ERBks! You can too: https://englewoodreview.org/book-giveaway-rich-villodas-good-and-beautiful-and-kind
3) Leave a comment below confirming that you are subscribed to the email digest (#1) **AND** a link to your post for #2 before 11PM PT on Monday August 1, 2022.
(Leaving a comment is essential as we will draw the giveaway winners from among the comments left.)
*** IF you have trouble posting a comment, tweet us ( @ERBks ) the link where you shared the contest, and we will leave a comment on your behalf
To be eligible to win, entrants must reside in the United States.
We will draw the winner at random after the book giveaway ends, and will notify them promptly.
Katie Selby is Associate Editor of The Englewood Review of Books. Prior to her family‘s recent transition to the Englewood Christian Church community, Katie served various churches and organizations in Nebraska, East Tennessee, India, and Ethiopia. She is an M.Div. graduate of Emmanuel Christian Seminary at Milligan University.