As summer approaches, we are giving away these TEN classic fiction books that will make great summer reading:
- Gilead: A Novel by Marilynne Robinson
- Housekeeping: A Novel by Marilynne Robinson
- The Wise Woman (and other fantasy stories) by George Macdonald
- Shadows of Ecstasy: A Novel by Charles Williams
(An Inkling with CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien)
- Parable of the Talents by Octavia Butler
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- 21 Essential American Short Stories *
- A Month of Sundays: A Novel by John Updike
- Nothing Gold Can Stay: Stories by Ron Rash
- Poppa John: A Novel by Larry Woiwode *
All of these books are gently used copies, in various editions, some hardback (asterisks above), and some paperback. They all are very good, sturdy books with clean pages.
We will pick FIVE winners:
- First name picked will choose 2 books, then
- Second name picked will choose 2 of the remaining books
- Third name picked will choose 2 of the remaining books
- Fourth name picked will choose 2 of the remaining books
- Fifth name picked will will get the last 2 remaining books.
Enter now for your chance to win some of these books!!!
(It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3)
1) Receive our free weekly online edition via email
(PLUS, receive a FREE ebook for signing up!)
A subscription to our daily email digest also counts!
2) Post the following message on your blog, Facebook Page, or on Twitter:
3) Leave a comment below noting confirming that you are subscribed to the email digest (#1) **AND** a link to your post for #2 before 11PM PT on Monday May 20, 2019.
(Leaving a comment is essential as we will draw the giveaway winners from among the comments left.)
*** If you don’t want to provide your email address when leaving a comment, you can authenticate yourself securely using Google or Twitter.
We will draw the winners at random after the book giveaway ends, and will notify them promptly.
Sorry, prizes for this giveaway cannot be shipped outside the US.
C. Christopher Smith is the founding editor of The Englewood Review of Books. He is also author of a number of books, including most recently How the Body of Christ Talks: Recovering the Practice of Conversation in the Church (Brazos Press, 2019). Connect with him online at: C-Christopher-Smith.com
Reading for the Common Good
From ERB Editor Christopher Smith
"This book will inspire, motivate and challenge anyone who cares a whit about the written word, the world of ideas, the shape of our communities and the life of the church."
-Karen Swallow Prior
Enter your email below to sign up for our weekly newsletter & download your FREE copy of this ebook!